Saturday, December 10, 2011

Mommy Moments

There are moments in and sights around our house that fill me with such contentment. Things that make me say, "wow, this is the life I've always dreamed of." Things like:

A refrigerator covered in kids' artwork

Random craft projects hanging around

A child playing dress-up

Doing fingerprint art and other crafty things with my kids

 My daughter sitting at the counter while I'm fixing dinner 
(a fond memory of my own growing up with my mom and the primary reason I wanted a house with a sit-at counter)

Going to school programs where it may be hard to understand what the kids are singing, and half the kids are crying or not paying attention, but they're still oh-so-cute!

 And the very fact of having two little girls! I always wanted lots of kids, especially daughters. 

Life's not perfect. There are definitely the times that try moms' souls (just had one, actually, which is why I decided to write this heartwarming post rather than have a breakdown or break out the Jack Daniels at two in the afternoon—and indeed, I do feel better after writing this!) but in between those moments when it feels like my head is going to explode in frustration (please tell me you have them too), there are the moments when I am just so happy and thankful for my sweet children and this beautiful life. 

1 comment:

Kim said...

Kate looks JUST LIKE YOU in the dress-up picture! And yes, we all have those moments... and you're not sure if you should laugh or cry, but crying seems to come more naturally! But it's SO worth it! Thanks for posting this... it made me smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin