Saturday, December 31, 2011

Daily December (the rest)

So after weeks one and two, I wasn't so good at sharing my "Daily December" pics here, but I did get them scrapbooked, which was the real point anyway! So take a look at my album! Rather than making a small album just for Daily December, as most of the scrapbookers I'm aware of who do Daily December do, I used some of the divided pages from the Project Life kit I've been using for two years now. Here's a peek at those fun, collage-style pages, featuring...

Claire turning one month on the first, getting our tree on the third...


Taking the girls to the ice show on the fourth, Kate's Christmas program the ninth...

 Kate and I decorating the gingerbread house and wearing our jammies to go look at Christmas lights on the twelfth...

Having a spa day (hydrotherapy soak, massage, and mani/pedi as my "push present" from Matt), and then going to the Opryland Hotel to see Santa and the lights...

Baking cookies with Granna on the seventeenth and taking our present (an amaryllis bulb) to her teacher on the nineteenth...

And our fun family Christmas gatherings the twenty-third through the twenty-fifth!

A few highlights of life in the final week of December that will round our my Daily December scrapbook pages include...

Using our new Emeril cookware that my parents gave us for Christmas,

 Getting crafty to make this fancy frame for my girls' Santa pic. The frame was $1 in the Target dollar section, and I added the ribbon and embellished with my grandmother's earrings, pearls from the necklace I wore in my SIL's wedding (Kate broke it a couple years ago—sorry Alexis!) and some red crystal beads leftover from making the necklaces bridesmaids wore in our wedding. I'd been keeping the loose pearls and beads around for some special craft, and I'll get this frame out to enjoy every Christmas!
 And last but not least, seeing Claire learn to entertain herself on the play mat, kicking the ball and looking at the pretty baby in the mirror!

Hope everyone has a fun New Year's Eve! We're taking it easy at home to ring in 2012!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin