Wednesday, November 16, 2011

No One Goes to College...

This phrase is part of how I cope with the "phases" of childhood, whether I'm reassuring myself that a difficult one is not forever, or comforting myself that the passing of a sweet phase was inevitable.

So, I say, "No one goes to college wearing pull-ups at night," to remind myself that somehow, Kate will be nighttime potty-trained. (Honestly, I haven't even tried. Anyone have tips on that part of potty-training?)

And in the wee hours of this morning, I found myself saying sadly, "It's okay. No one goes to college with their umbilical cord stump."

Yes, it was inevitable. But as when Kate lost hers, it makes me a little sad to see that vestige of fetus-hood go. And I'm glad I made a point to take some photos the other night.

(sniff)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin