Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

We're here in Louisville with my parents, aunt, and uncle (sadly, my cousins and their young kids decided not to make the trip this year--bummer!) Kate has been a handful, as it's hard to employ our usual yes-you-have-to-go-to-bed techniques in someone else's house, when all four of us are sharing a room and there's too much fun going on downstairs after bedtime. It was 1:00 am one night, and last night, 2:30, after a big fiasco at 1:30 in which wakey-wakey-Kate got into some old ink pads, painted the palms and backs of her hands, and then climbed into the white-sheeted bed with me! It was a hot pink ink pad and her hands were dark red. It took Lava soap to even make a dent in the color. OMG.
This was in the morning (and yes, we've had some trouble with paci-stealing during the big-sister adjustment.)

Otherwise, though, we've just been hanging out, letting Nala and Popi enjoy the kids, visiting with family friends who want to meet Claire, etc. I keep saying that the Macy's parade is my favorite part of Thanksgiving, but of course I've also got to reflect with thanks on these wonderful blessings in my life...

My wonderful family (especially two beautiful children!)...
(this was Matt's birthday last Saturday. All the other pics are from our time in Louisville.)



Watching my kids learn new things and experience milestones (like Kate riding my old tricycle--I think she'll be getting one soon--and Claire's first bath)...

 And keeping in touch with old friends (like my friend Lindsay and her daughter Emmalea)...

Hope you're having a happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin