Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Kate Says

Kate has learned some new vocabulary words in the last week, including "onesie," "burp rag," and "boobies." The bouncer she calls a "see-saw."

The other night, as I was pulling down my nursing top to feed Claire, Kate said, "Your boobies keep falling down, Mommy!" Thanks, Kate.

I've also already been told, more or less, to butt out of the sisterly girl talk. She was talking quite normally at lunch the other day, and when I responded to what she said, she told me, "I'm not talking to you, Mommy. I'm talking to my sister."

This morning, I witnessed what I thought might be the sweetest thing ever. Kate was rocking her dolly and singing a modified version of her and my "special lullabye." "Rock-a-bye Dolly, in Mommy's arms..." As she closed with "I'll love you forever and you'll love me too," even touching the doll's nose the way I do hers at that part of the song, I thought I would just melt. And then she chucked the doll across the room.

3 comments:

EMU said...

Baaa! I laughed out loud at that last line!

Kristen said...

I laughed out loud, too! I LOVE it!

Unknown said...

That's our Kate in a nutshell. Sweet one moment, then Kate the Destroyer shows up!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin