Monday, January 31, 2011

Kate's 2nd Birthday Party

Saturday was Kate's party, and naturally we had lots of fun.
We had a jungle theme, and of course everyone knows how much I love decorating for parties! I made a "TWO" banner for the mantle out of animal-print scrapbook paper, ribbon, and paper vines.
 I also hung paper vines over the dining room table, where Marcel made a lovely chandelier.
Like last year, I made a book for Kate on KodakGallery all about her year, and had guests at her party write little notes in the back.
While last year, we only invited the grandparents (and it was a good thing, since the blizzard made it hard even for them to get here!) this year, we invited other family members and friends as well. The little ones just loved the balloons!
They giggled and swatted the balloons--which are still flying high, by the way, more than 60 hours after getting their helium! The party store squirted some sort of substance into them before inflating, so I assume that's what did it. Pretty cool.
 
 My favorite part of the party was just having all the kids together. I have such play group envy. Cousin Lexi loved getting to hang out with Kate again, and Becca wore leopard print in honor of the jungle party theme!
I printed jungle animal coloring sheets off the Internet, so the kids (and parents) could color.
I made a monkey cake with cupcake ears and a laffy taffy bow (which kept flattening no matter how many times I fluffed it up).

 Landon enjoyed the cake, it seems!
Kate got a bunch of great books and toys. (Thank you, everybody!) She's definitely got the hang of opening presents now, and she takes each little shred of wrapping paper to the garbage bag before continuing the unwrapping process--what a neat little girl.

I think Kate has the proudest four grandparents any kid ever had. They adore her so much, and we are so lucky to have such a loving, supportive family. Thanks to everyone for making Kate's birthday so special!



We love you, K-bear!

7 comments:

Rachel Moss said...

Great party! You did a wonderful job on the decor and the cake...so cute!
I think I'll steal the coloring sheet idea for Bug's party next weekend.

Kristen said...

Everything was AWESOME, Jessica! I am so glad we got to celebrate with you guys!

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Happy birthday to your sweetie! What a cute party idea!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Super cute! Love the monkey cake. Great Job!

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

I love the idea of having people sign a photobook. That is so smart!!

Becca said...

What a cute party! I was looking for monkey party inspiration and I got to the last picture and was like, "Hey, I know them!" What a small world to get redirected from Kelly's Korner after meeting at Nancy's b-day party?!

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Ok, I don't think that monkey cake can get ANY cuter! :) Love your blog!

Erin

www.purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin