Saturday, January 30, 2010

Katestravaganza, part 1

When I got home from work on Thursday, the 28th--Kate's actual birthday--we had a quick dinner and went out for Kate's first ice cream at Baskin Robbins. It was a nice way to mark the actual day, since her party would not be until the weekend. (Admittedly, not my idea, as a friend of mine did this on her son's first birthday a couple years ago.)

I love this picture. Kate's even doing the "I'm one!" finger pose. (We've been working on it.) I had a great cone of sugar-free Mocha Blackberry Swirl, rich with several of my favorite foods: coffee, chocolate, and berries. (No wine and cheese in there, but that would just be weird.) Kate had rainbow sherbet, but she didn't like it too much at first.


She opened up to it once we let her hold her own spoon. We had to refill the spoon with each bite, since she hasn't yet learned to scoop, but Miss Independent still wanted to feed herself each bite.



We also took a video. You still don't see Matt at all, but at least you hear him. Proof he was there. (He had Reese's Cup ice cream.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin