Saturday, March 07, 2009

Kate in Derby City

Kate and I spent this week in Louisville, visiting my parents, grandparents, and other family and friends. Ordinarily, I only get to visit for a day or two at a time, since I work full time Monday through Friday and Matt always has to be back for Sunday morning, so I wanted to take advantage of my maternity leave and visit for a good five days.

It was a great visit, but I was exhausted by the end of it! We went shopping, took walks around the neighborhood, went visiting and had visitors at my parents' house--every day was jam packed! Though our schedule is ruled by our feeding and pumping routine, we managed to get around. I felt like Supermom when I pumped in the car and bottle-fed Kate (safely strapped in her car seat, of course) at the same time!
We also took my grandmother to have a professional four-generation photo taken with my mom, me, and Kate. We have a great photo from 1924 of my paternal grandmother (now deceased) as a toddler with her mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother (three of whom are named Emily Barry--thus Kate's middle name), so it was neat to give Kate and her descendants such an heirloom.

Here is Kate with her Nana/Nana Laura/NaLa (name still undecided), and with her Popi.


Here she is with her great-grandfather and great-grandmother (ages 94 and 90, respectively). They really loved meeting her. They have several other great-grandchildren, as I am their youngest grandchild, but it was still very special for them to meet little Kate.



We didn't get a picture of her with every friend and relative we visited with, but here are a few. Everyone agreed she's a beautiful baby, and of course we think so too!


It was a great trip, but Daddy missed his girls SOOO much (and we missed him too!) and it is good to be home again.

1 comment:

Amy said...

How sweet. I love the one with her great-grandpa, with her arms up over her head - so relaxed!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin