Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Fun with Grandparents

While Matt's away in Israel (read his live-blogging of the trip), Kate is having a lot of good time with her grandparents, who eagerly take on child care for what would normally be Daddy-Daughter Days, and then some.

My mom came to stay with us for several days and we had some great girl-time, shopping and dining out. She and Kate had fun playing with the play kitchen and farm and other toys...

... and, of course, reading lots of books!
And during Kate's naps, Mom cleaned, because she just can't help herself. For the record, though, Kate and I vacuumed the night before her arrival. This was Kate winding up the cord and saying "all done fafuum!"
And now, Kate and I are spending several days with Matt's parents so they can keep her during the day and I can have a much shorter commute. They've been enjoying having tea parties...

 ... eating pastries...
 ... trying on hats ...
... and going to the park.
 They also went to the zoo to see the new elephants, baby giraffe, and Kate's "adopted" meerkat. The Daddy giraffe came right up to the edge of his habitat, which was very cool, though Kate clearly did not see it as a Kodak moment.
At some point while walking miles around the zoo, Kate discovered the pockets in her skirt, and walked around like this, leading many strangers to comment what a chill child she is! (little do they know!)
I've been chopped liver for the past few days, but that's okay. Grandparents are more fun than parents any day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, I miss my girls so much! I can't wait to see you on Saturday!

Rachel Moss said...

I love the hands in the pockets pic! She looks so grown up.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin