Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Project Life (June 14-20)

After last week's "Chill Edition" of Project Life, I was back in the swing of things this week.

Monday 6/14: I've been extremely busy at work lately, so I've been bringing stuff home to work on in the evenings. I try not to do that too much, but it worked out well since Matt was at Annual Conference Sunday through Tuesday and I was all alone after Kate went to bed anyway. . . well, Charlotte kept me company.


Tuesday 6/15: After work, Kate and I went to the mall and then met Daddy for dinner when he finished up with the conference. (I like how Kate and I both have ruffled shirts on here.) A moment after this pic was taken, Kate swung that knife backwards toward my face, and I jerked out of the way, just as Matt snapped the next pic. It was pretty funny, but I have a crazy look on my face, so I'm withholding that as an outtake :0)

Wednesday 6/16: Matt mowed the lawn while I made dinner, and Kate was glued to the back door, watching him! It was adorable (and kept her away from the oven while I cooked!)
Thursday 6/17: After work, we headed up to Louisville for Nana's funeral. We let Kate have her paci since we were in the car, and now she's kind of backsliding on the whole naptime/bedtime-only thing. Oh well. We all needed some comfort this weekend.

Friday 6/18: My mom and I spent the day going through things at Nana and Grandpa's house, and awaiting the arrival of my cousins and their families. We all went to dinner at Mark's Feed Store--my parents' favorite BBQ joint, and the kids got to sit on the metal pigs outside. As you see, they weren't really digging it.

Saturday 6/19: We buried Nana today. She died last Sunday at 91 1/2, just three months after Grandpa, her husband of 73 years. She was so beautiful. The larger photo at left was taken in her early teens, and the one on the right soon after her marriage. After my grandfather met and married her in California, he took her back to Ohio, where his younger siblings thought she was a movie star!

Sunday 6/20: Father's Day! We drove home Saturday night (such is the clergy-family life!) and woke Daddy up Sunday morning with muffins and coffee in bed. His present was The New Interpreter's Handbook of Preaching. We're so lucky to have the best daddy ever!

It was a sad week, mourning Nana and the good times we had still hoped to have with her. But, we also had great family times, seeing aunts, uncles, and cousins we rarely see. This is her legacy--the children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren she so loved, and doted on so well, through letters, calls, and cookies. Nana and Grandpa had a crosstitch plaque in their sitting room that read "Children are the rewards of a loving life." So they are.


More Project Life at The Mom Creative!

2 comments:

Amy Nabors said...

So sorry about your Nana. I love the photo of the cat peeking around the laptop. My cats do that with me also.

Nothingcanseperate said...

I'm sorry about your Nana. The pictures of her are beautiful!

Your cat picture looks like those goofy ones people always put captions to - LolCatz or whatever :D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin