Wednesday, May 19, 2010

He Won!

My dad, who went into public service several years ago after a great career in finance, won the primary for the Louisville Metro Council District 19 seat last night! He has been walking door-to-door in his district for the last four months, and all his hard work paid off!

He wore out a couple pairs of shoes and dodged swooping hawks as he knocked on 7,600 doors and chatted with the 2,600 folks who answered. Kate and I hit the streets with him and Mom when we visited in February.
Way to go, Dad! We are so proud of you!

3 comments:

Kathy Rohrs said...

This is too great! I literally have no idea how I got to your blog as I was clicking through some of my favorites today, but I just about died when I saw this - I was roommates with Jenna Heiner in college and am in her wedding this summer! I have a great love for District 19 and consider myself an out-of-state wanna-be constituent. Congrats to your dad!

Jessica Miller Kelley said...

Small world! My dad is a huge supporter of Hal, and I'm sure my parents will be at Jenna's wedding. Glad you stumbled upon my blog--hope you'll be back!

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Congrats to your dad!!!

p.s. that is a great family photo of ya'll

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin