Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Stereotypical Family Beach Photo

Ever since we planned our beach vacation, Matt and I have been joking about the "stereotypical family beach photo." I'm sure you've seen them; maybe even taken them of your family! It's typically sunset, everybody is dressed in white and khaki. You may sit in front of the sand dunes and sea oats or stand with the ocean as a backdrop.

We actually saw a family taking their s.f.b.p. from our balcony the night before we did.


We decided to get a little radical and add blue to the mix of white and khaki. We didn't get one in which all four of us look perfect, but we did get a few good ones.




And there were some less good ones, of course :0) 
The "hey Claire, look at the camera."

The "I'm going to strangle my sister . . . with love."

The "I am so done with this photo shoot."

And the "Did I bump the camera after setting the timer?" 

I think at least one will be frameworthy. We had such a great time—I miss the beach!!

4 comments:

Rachel Moss said...

These are great!

Kim said...

Cute cute! We just had a photographer take our family pictures and it was mass chaos... I cannot imagine our kids sitting still long enough and looking in the direction of a camera, so that in itself is a victory! There are beautiful!

Kristen P - "Praz" said...

this is probably the one time I think that "smile" feature would be great to have on the camera... I've seen it on some of the smaller point and shoots that basically you set it to recognize your face when it smiles so that then every time you smile it just snaps and you don't have to get up every time!

Lauren said...

So cute! I love the out takes - the strangling pictures crack me up. We have plenty of "beach shots" since we live in FL, but I definitely always try to throw some color into the mix.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin