Thursday, October 13, 2011

Birth Day Poll

I had a noteworthy doctor appointment today. I'm a little more dilated than I was last week (1-2 cm now) but I went from 0 to 70% effaced in one week! (definitions of those terms here, if you need them) That doesn't necessarily mean anything, since a person can stay the same for weeks with no more progress, or have it all happen very quickly. Nonetheless, my doctor seemed to think my little low-rider just might come early. When I asked if I would make it to my planned last day of work next Friday (the 21st), she said, "Mmm, might be cutting it close."

So, while I would have waited a little longer, I thought now might be the time to throw up a fun little "when will Claire be born?" poll. It's in the right sidebar, so if you're reading this in a Reader, you'll need to pop over to the actual blog. The options are:

  • Soon: Oct. 20 or before
  • 1 week early: Oct. 21-24
  • A few days early: Oct. 25-28
  • Right on time: Oct. 29-31
  • A little late: Nov. 1-4
  • Induced: Nov. 5 or later
So that you can make an informed decision, here are all the pertinent facts:
  • My due date is Oct. 30
  • I've been contracting frequently for over a week now
  • Claire's head is very low and I'm definitely waddling
  • Kate was five days late
  • I was born two weeks early
  • Matt was born two weeks late
  • With Kate, I was not this dilated or effaced until just before her due date, so within a week of her birth (I was 90% effaced and 3 cm dilated when I went to the hospital)
  • There is a full moon going on right now. Won't be another until Nov. 10.
So what do you think?

6 comments:

Mother Tracy Wells Miller said...

I'm voting for Oct. 20 so she can be my birthday buddy! :o)

Monica McNeeley said...

I am still going with November 4th.

Unknown said...

My vote is for a few days early. My only reason being that Andrew and I were both born in the 19th, so just for the heck of it I'll say that Kate and Claire will both have 28th birthdays.

Kristen said...

I was going to vote for 10/24 so she could be *my* birthday buddy ;) but I really like Matt's pick of the 28th!

Also, I laughed out loud that the full moon was included in the pertinent facts. :)

Unknown said...

Enjoying your 31 days. I decided to follow along because I just had my second baby in September and I'm a Jessica too. My new baby will be a month old soon! I think you'll deliver soon... rest this weekend.

Mother Tracy Wells Miller said...

Hahaha, yes, I like Matt's comment too. 28th for both would be cool!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin