Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Three Months


I'm three months along now (14 weeks, to be exact) and into the second trimester!

When people hear I've been sick a lot, they often say, "that should ease up soon," and I never buy it since I was sick the whole time with Kate. I have been throwing up less often, though (maybe 3-4 days a week rather than 6-7). I'm still afraid to get my hopes up, though, because I think it was around 14 weeks with Kate that I went a whole week without puking and was so excited, and of course, no sooner had I celebrated and announced that fact, I threw up. So, who knows?

I'm starting to wear some maternity clothes, since my normal pants are way too tight. I've been doing the rubber band trick (around the button, through the buttonhole) for a while to help my normal pants be wearable, and that still works for some of them. I found a few pairs of "fat pants" in the yard sale box when Matt and I were getting ready for our moving sale that we had last Saturday. "These are just what I need!" I said, and so now I have a few pairs of non-maternity-but-bigger-than-I-usually-wear pants to wear for a few more weeks.

I'm still in my "food is gross" phase, meaning that unless I am craving it at that particular moment, it repulses me. I dread dinnertime because it's generally doubtful that what I really want is something we already have in the house. Matt is at the mercy of my cravings and will end up eating spinach salad and corndogs rather than beef with broccoli or whatever he would have preferred. (He's been doing most of the cooking, so it's not like he couldn't fix himself whatever he wants; he's just sweet like that and eats what I want to eat!) Last night, I came home and declared "pulled pork barbecue, baked beans, cole slaw, and cornbread!" and he went out and got some for us. He was actually pleased with that craving!

I'm not totally exhausted all the time, but still wouldn't say I have energy. With only 2 1/2 weeks until we move now, I need all the energy I can get! I stayed up late (as in, 10 or 11) a couple nights last week getting ready for our moving sale, and managed to get up at 4 for the royal wedding. We have lots of packing to do, and arrangements for new furniture, new doctors, new day care, all that to make. It's a busy time, but we're having fun, and maybe by my four month update (or soonafter), we'll know the gender of this little baby!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin