Friday, February 05, 2010

I'm going to Blissdom!!

Just kidding.

I'm not actually attending the conference,* but I am having lunch at the Opryland Hotel today with a new friend who will be there. And while I didn't want to shell out the big bucks to go myself, I really do hope I'll have some sort of blog-celebrity sighting while I'm there.

(You hear me, super-cool blog-celebrities? Don't hang out in the sessions or parties you paid to attend--mill around by the coffee shops and restaurants instead!)

In the last year, as my own blogging has gone from about 2 posts a month to 20 and my readership has grown (from "very small" to "small"--you want a ballpark figure? Definitely smaller than a ballpark.) I have added more and more blogs to my reader. Most are mommy blogs, others are publishing blogs, churchy blogs, religion & politics blogs, and scrapbooker blogs.

Maybe it's a poor substitute for a tight-knit Sunday school class or a play group of other toddler-moms, but I really do love the connections the blog world offers, and would love tohang out with some of my favorite bloggers in person. Then again, I would probably sound like a crazy stalker-person, or feel so socially awkward and uncomfortable that I would just hide in my room!

What about you? How long have you been blogging or reading blogs? Have you ever attended a blogging conference or met up in person with people you met through blogs?


*This is the Blissdom women's blogging conference to which I am referring, though the TEA Party convention is meeting at the Opryland Hotel at the same time. I wonder if I'll spot any celebrities from that.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Hi Jessica. I've been reading your blog for a week or so now. I have had a blog for nearly 4 years now. I started it when I was in England for a month working on my masters. It was an easy way to keep everyone informed. Then I just decided I really liked doing it!

I have found many of the blogs that I read from looking at comments on blogs I read or mcklinky's and such. I've never met up with anyone but there are definitely some people I would love to meet up with!

Melody said...

You are the second blogger I follow who has posted about Blissdom this week. I've never heard of it before and I'm soooo jealous! I love your milling around the coffee shops approach!I would totally do the same thing. I can't wait to go check out the conference online...thanks for linking to it. I've been blogging for almost a year now. In fact I'm frantically trying to come up with a good give away since I missed the "100th post" benchmark and now the next big one is Feb. 28th which will be the one year mark. Evidently it's what you do in the bloggy world....or is it just blog pressure I'm giving in to???? Keep blogging away and maybe we'll meet one day at Blissdom.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin