Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jessica/Mommy!

Hi, Mommy. It's Kate. I got Daddy to type this for me because I'm too busy sticking my fingers in my mouth to type.

They tell me today is a thing called your "birthday". I don't really understand that concept yet, since the only birthday I've had was the day I was born, and that was pretty traumatic and confusing. I do associate one good thing with birthdays, though. That was the day I met you (on the outside, that is)!



I'm very glad you were born on this day 28 years ago, Mommy, and not just because that made it possible for me to be born. I'm glad you were born because I see everyday how much you love me. When I wake up in the morning, your smiling face is the first thing I see. I watch you hook yourself up to that machine a bunch of times a day to pump yummy milk for me.

I'm also thankful that you were born because I see how happy you make Daddy and how much he loves you. Whenver he comes home tired and/or stressed out from a church function, seeing you and I together automatically makes him happy, no matter what else may be going on.

I am so lucky to have been born into such a loving family. So I hope you have a very Happy Birthday, Mommy. I love you!

Love,
Kate

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin