Monday, January 20, 2014

Crazy Fits

Claire has been screaming "BEANS!!" over and over again, with varying degrees of despair and tears, for going on a half hour now. I say, "with your dinner, Claire," as I hurry to fix pasta primavera for the rest of the family. Occasionally, she says, "okay," and is quiet for maybe four seconds before starting in again. "BEANS!!!" The girl loves baked beans.

Which got me thinking: what is the strangest thing your kids have ever thrown a fit about?

For us, beans are definitely not it. Not even just looking at today.

This morning, at about 4:45, Kate came into our room sobbing because a ribbon she'd tied around her ankle in a dozen crazy knots (presumably before falling asleep last night) wouldn't come off. So, I fumbled around in the dark to unknot the ribbon so she could go back to sleep.

Not sure that one takes the cake. (I'm inclined to say no, since it was bizarre but easily resolved, but I can't think of any more right now.

What's the craziest fit your kids have ever thrown?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin