Friday, April 19, 2013

Pastor's Wives Uncensored

My friend Kim invited me to participate in her blog series, Pastor's Wives Uncensored. I confess my previous status as a "disgruntled" pastor's wife, and also explain some of my recovery from that cynicism.



Here's a little teaser:

Unlike Kim, I wasn’t turned off at all by the idea of dating a pastor/pastor-to-be. Matt was working in youth ministry when we met on our first night of orientation at Vanderbilt Divinity School. Being a religion major in college, and going on to study religion in grad school, I already had a notion of hoping to marry a man preparing to be either a pastor or professor. My parents told me to hang out next door at the Law School, but I liked spiritual, scholarly types, and knew there was a good chance of getting my MRS at the same place I was getting my MTS (Master of Theological Studies).

Go read the rest on Kim's blog, The Seeds You Sow.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi Jessica, I found your blog a few years ago, but have always just been a reader and never a "commentor". I loved your post, and it resonated with a lot of the feelings that I have about being a pastor's wife. We were also in a miserable church situation for three long years, and I am so thankful that God has moved us on to a different church that I feel completely at ease in. Without knowing many other young pastor's wives in real life, I love hearing other's perspectives online!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin