Thursday, January 17, 2013

Two Recipes I Just Have to Share

I only post recipes on this blog when I've raved about them to real life friends or strangers at least three times. That's not a hard and fast rule—in fact, I just now made it up—but it serves to emphasize the "must try" nature of these two dishes. I'm not a foodie, and the complete and utter simplicity of the two dishes I'm about to share with you will prove that. They are easy, tasty, and pretty healthy too.


I found this recipe via Pinterest, where it was posted from the blog High Heels and Grills (image credit to her as well). It is so easy. As the name says, it is just eight cans and a packet of taco seasoning.

  • 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 1 can white chicken breast, drained
  • 1 can green enchilada sauce
  • 1 can chicken broth
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
Mix all ingredients in large stock pot. Heat until warm, stirring occasionally.



I think I found this one on a grocery store mailer, and I've made it countless times in the last year. (Photo mine.) I'll admit, my husband doesn't care for the combination of flavors, so I make it just for myself, but if you're fond of strong, savory flavors, this just may become a new favorite.

  • Sweet potatoes
  • Spinach (approximately 4 oz. per potato)
  • Goat cheese crumbles (approximately 1.5 oz per potato)
Wash, pierce, and bake sweet potatoes in microwave (or oven, if you prefer). Saute spinach with a little olive oil and lemon juice. I've also tried it with kale, which was also good. Stuff potato with your greens, top with goat cheese crumbles. Pecans make a nice garnish. 

I'm linking up today with A Blonde Ambition's "Great Souptacular," so click over for more great comfort food! 



3 comments:

Elenie Counts said...

That soup sounds wonderful and simple. Just like I like to cook. Thanks for sharing. (Found you through the link up.)

Rachel Moss said...

Oh, I am all over that soup. I will be making that in the next week or so!

Rachel Moss said...

Just made the soup tonight. It was great!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin