Sunday, April 22, 2012

Open Wide!

Claire has been eating solids for a few weeks now, enjoying baby oatmeal, sweet potatoes, peas, squash, and bananas. My little piggy LOVES her solids, of course. As with nursing, I think she would eat 24/7 if she could. If she gets fussy toward the end of a solid meal, she is basically saying, "I just want to nurse and fall asleep now. Thank you."

My favorite thing with these feeding sessions, though, has been the way she learned quickly how to tell me if she wants more. At first, she would sit calmly and open her mouth when the spoon hit it, but as I demonstrated an "open wide" face for her, she quickly learned that when I asked "Do you want more?" the easiest way to say "yes" was to open her mouth REALLY wide. She then happily clamps down on the spoon. It's so cute. She's also learned that a really high-pitched screech helps get my attention if I dare turn to my own meal for a minute, or if she drops a toy off the high chair, or if we're just not paying attention to her... You get the idea.

Enjoy these "messy face" pics of my little hungry hungry hippo.







2 comments:

Rachel Moss said...

Those pictures are cute!

Kristen P said...

love that second-to-last one!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin