Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Goose Egg

We've had a toddlerific evening here.

I came home 30 minutes later than usual with a throbbing headache (thanks to the jackhammering going on outside my office window). Matt already had dinner going (thanks, sweetie!) and Kate followed me upstairs to get some Tylenol, whereupon she decided she wanted to take a shower with me. Dinner was almost ready, so I told her we would do that after dinner. Full-blown toddler tantrum ensues, culminating in her biting me on the elbow (HARD!) while I tried to eat my dinner.

So, I now have a puffy red bruise on my arm.

Post-bite discipline got her calmed down, and soon she was smiling and playing on our new couch, which finally delivered yesterday! Matt and I finished eating, and the three of us cuddled on the couch for a bit. Then Kate decided to start doing belly flops on the couch, including against the arm of the couch, where Matt warned her she might flip over. And right on cue, she did a header off the couch.

So, now she has a big goose egg on her forehead.
Within ten minutes, it was red around the edge with a purple, bruisy center. Lovely. But, of course, she was back to playing, singing, and laughing by that time. Toddlers are crazy, but they sure do bounce back quickly.
(the pic was taken after our shower, which is why her hair was wet.)



And, if you're interested, here are our new couch and coffee table. The new house is taking shape!

1 comment:

TeeTee Lynn said...

Ouch! What an evening all around. I hope tomorrow is better!

Can I ask how you guys dealt with the bite? I'm sure Nora is too young for most techniques right now, but the biting is not getting any better at home...so I'm looking for ideas to try in the future in case it continues. You can email me or we could Facebook message if you don't mind sharing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin