Friday, September 24, 2010

Sweet Silence

I am heading out this weekend for a silent spiritual retreat. If you are the praying sort, please pray for me as I seek God’s renewal and transformative power.


I’m not sure what to expect when I get there, but I feel it’s almost more important what I’m leaving behind…
The computer
The camera
The phone
Makeup
Jewelry
High heels
… and words. My life is so full of words—as an editor, as a blogger, and even in my prayers. I feel the need to articulate everything, and I wonder if it gets in the way. I’m looking forward this weekend to just listening and being still.
I’ll also be leaving behind Matt and Kate, which makes me sad. I’m always reluctant to give up any moment of my mommy-daughter time, but this opportunity came up and I need to take it. I pray you have a restful and blessed weekend as well.

P.S. If you're wondering, that pic is of the cloister of Salisbury Cathedral, taken on our Wesleyan Pilgrimage in 2005. That's not where I'll be cloistering myself this weekend :0)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin