Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Project Life (Aug. 2-8)

Monday 8/2: I mentioned a couple weeks ago that my company is doing some creative enrichment activities this summer, and today I participated in a discussion of the book Purple Cow: Transform Your Business By Being Remarkable. It includes hundreds of anecdotes about companies that did the counterintuitive thing and separated themselves from the pack. My Bookswim package that just arrived this week includes Outliers: The Story of Success, and I imagine that will have a lot of ideas to jumpstart creative thinking too.
Tuesday 8/3: Matt took Kate to see his grandparents in Metropolis, IL for the day. They don't get out much, and I've actually only met them once (back in 2005, I think it was). They were very excited to meet their great-granddaughter!
Wednesday 8/4: Kate had her 18 month checkup. She weighed 25 lbs, 13 oz., was 32 inches tall, and had a head circumfrence of 48 cm. We switched doctors offices because our old one regularly had us waiting 45 minutes in the waiting room and another 20-30 minutes in the room, only to spend five minutes with the doctor. At our new place, we arrived early to fill out paperwork before our 8:30 appointment, were called back at 8:31, done with the nurse by 8:37, and then the doctor came in maybe five minutes after that and spent 20 minutes with us. It was great!
Thursday 8/5: Kate's class is trying to do show-and-tell each week (tough with pre-verbal kids!) but this week it was on the letter M. Here is Marcel the Monkey all ready to go in Kate's backpack for the next morning. Aside: When I was in kindergarten, I took my little yellow puppy Sunny every week, no matter what the theme was. If it was "green," I would tie a green bow around his neck. The teacher actually had to send a note home requesting that I bring something other than Sunny for show-and-tell.
Friday 8/6: My parents came to visit for the weekend. They got to handle a lot of the book-reading duties for us. Here are Popi and Kate enjoying--what else?--Barnyard Dance.
Saturday 8/7: We went to the zoo, and Mom and Kate were roller-buddies. Mom had surgery on her foot a few weeks ago, so she rented a wheelchair rather than using crutches all day. Kate rolled alongside in her stroller, but got to ride on Nala's lap for a while too.
Sunday 8/8: It was tax-free weekend in Tennessee (an annual back-to-school thing where clothes, school supplies, and computers are all tax-free) so Mom and I went to the mall for a little bit. I got five plain white shirts for Kate (in different sizes, sleeve lengths, and fabrics) because I love putting her in jumpers in the cooler months, but it's hard to find plain shirts to go under them! Here are some of her outfits for fall. (Except for the denim jumper, I'd already gotten these, and am glad to have shirts to go under them now!)

Check out more Project Life at The Mom Creative (who should be posting some great bridal shower and BlogHer photos soon)! Have a great week!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Great shots. We went school shopping too, it was a mad house!

Rachel Moss said...

That wait time at your old pedi was ridiculous! I'm glad you liked your new pedi.
I would looove to see Show and Tell with 18 month olds! I bet it's too cute.

Jessica Miller Kelley said...

Our new pedi told us, "we get a lot of transfers from them. Their doctors each see twenty more patients a day than we do."

TWENTY! EACH! That's crazy, and it showed. They were very bottom-line oriented.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin