Thursday, May 28, 2009

Our Little Heartbreaker

Kate and I went up to Louisville for Memorial Day weekend, enjoying a nice visit with my grandparents, hanging out with my parents, and worshiping in my home church Sunday morning. Kate sported my favorite eBay find yet--a navy Gymboree number I got for five bucks. (It kind of looks like she has an earring in this picture--I promise she doesn't.)
Matt drove up after church, and Sunday night we had some family friends over for dinner. Joyce and my mom became friends back in 1981, when Lindsay was a baby and Mom was pregnant with me. Lindsay and I were friends throughout our growing up, and were especially close during our late elementary and middle school years. We don't get to see each other that often, but it's always great when we do! Now that we're both mommies, we have new experiences to connect over, and Lindsay is my "older and wiser" voice of mommy wisdom.
Joyce and Lindsay met Kate when I had her in Louisville in early March, but this was the first time Kate and two-year-old Jack would meet. He was enamored with her! It was so cute. We couldn't keep him away from her! He kept patting her and giving her toys, and even holding her hand across his high chair tray.



We don't get up to Louisville as often as I would like, but it's always fun, and I look forward to play dates like this for years to come!

1 comment:

Amy said...

So cute! What sweet pictures of them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin