Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I-Day Come and Gone

True, there are still a few hours left in the day, so it's possible I could still be able to tell our little girl, "I went into labor with you the day Barack Obama was inaugurated," but the likelihood of today being her birthday is now pretty much nil. Ever since we found out our due date back in June, we thought it would be totally awesome if she was born on Inauguration Day. I started having some really strong cramps as all the dignitaries were filing in (my workplace projected the Inauguration on the big screen) and I really thought contractions would follow, but alas, the cramps went away, and I've only continued to have the painless "practice" contractions I've had for weeks. Oh well.

It's not really a big deal, of course. Her birthday--whenever it arrives--will be a far bigger deal to us even than this historic, momentous event in our nation's history. I'm getting REALLY antsy to have her, though, and passing this day just compounds the frustration and longing. I imagine I'll feel this even moreso on Friday, our due date!

Because I was so convinced she'd be early (and just because I'm so into planning and organizing), I find I have very little left to do at home or at work, so it's hard to focus on anything except her pending arrival. I'm trying to trick myself into not worrying about it anymore by telling myself "okay, she's going to be late. Don't even expect her to get here before next week." I highly doubt my little trick will work, though.

We have our 39 1/2 week appointment tomorrow, so we'll see what the doctor says!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin